Discus - Symphysodon aequifasciatus

boban

Osnivača sajta
Staff member
9 Avgust 2003
New Plymouth New Zealand
www.beke.co.nz
Eto posto nam je Eddie obecao malo piskaranje u vezi diskusa evo da zapocnem ovu temu sa postavljanjem par slika. Naravno da to ne znaci da mi treba da cekamo da prvo eddie kaze nesto vec mozemo slobodno da iznosimo svoje iskustvo i podatke o ovoj vrsti riba.

Ja kao osnovu postavljam "divlje" diskuse ulovljene u Amazonu a mi mozemo da postavljamo i kultivisane diskuse jer je to ono sto mi uglavnom posedujemo.

Pa evo da krenemno sa ovim slikama diskusa iz Tefe.

Attachments

• DSCF7386.jpg
    DSCF7386.jpg
    42.4 KB · Pregleda: 33
  • DSCF7387.jpg
    DSCF7387.jpg
    50.6 KB · Pregleda: 33
  • DSCF7390.jpg
    DSCF7390.jpg
    39.3 KB · Pregleda: 27
Evo da ja pocnem sa nekim uvodom o ovim ribama odnosno o onome sto je zastupljeno u prirodi.

I pored tiga sto mi znamo da je Symphysodon aequifasciatus u stvari jedna jedina vrsta mi ovu vrstu delimo na neke tri podvrste koje nam sluze kao neke reference za blize odredjivanje nasih ljubimaca. Ovde cu da nabrojim te vrste i ukratko da napisem o njihovom izgledu.

Symphysodon aequifasciatus axelrodi Schultz, 1960 je nama poznat kao Brown discus. Njegova boja varira od svetlo zute pa sve do tamno braon sto podrazumeva i crvenu. Na glavi ribe i na stomacnom delu se pojavljuju plavkaste linije. Kao i svi ostali diskusi ove vrste i oni imaju devet vertikalnih linija ali prva i poslednja su izrazenije.
Vrlo popularan brown discus je iz regiona Alenquer koji pokazuje izrazeniju crvenu boju a mi ga nazivamo Alenquer red discus.

Symphysodon aequifasciatus haraldi Schultz, 1960

Ovo je diskus koji je pronadjen u trouglu izmedju Brazila, Perua i Kolumbije. Osnovna boja ove ribe je braonkasta koja postaje sve tamnija prema repnom delu tela. Glava ribe je purpurne boje. I oni imaju devet vertikalnih linija a prva i poslednja su izrazenije. S. aequifasciatus haraldi ima izrazene plavkaste linije posebno u regionu glave i pelvic peraja. Primerci koji imaju te plavkaste linije po celom telu se nazivaju Royal Blue.
Ovde je interesantno da se kaze da je ovaj diskus nosioc mnogih varieteta kojih mi danas posedujemo tako sto se ukrstan sa zelenim i braon diskusima.

Symphysodon aequifasciatus aequifasciatus Pellegin, 1903

Ovaj diskus je poznat u regionu tefe. On ima braonkasto zelenu osnovnu boju a u predelu glave je posebno izrazena zelenkasto - tirkizna boja koja je i dovela do toga da se nazove Green discus. Za razliku od predhodne dve "vrste" svih devet vertikalnih linija su podjednako izrazene. Pored toga ovaj diskus ima izrazenu crnu ivicu na dorsal i analnom peraju.

Eto to bi bilo ukratko o ovim vrstama ili podvrstama diskusa pa sada mozemo da predjemo na Singapur i druga slicna mu mesta i da diskutujemo o onome sto mi uglavnom vidjamo po prodavnicama.

Mozda je dobro da se u ovoj temi o diskusima malo osvrnemo i na neke prve pionirske korake koje su akvaristi pravili davnih godina kada mnogi od nas nisu ni bili rodjeni.

Kao sto je i poznato prvi diskusi su stigli kod akvarista 1930 godine. S obzirom da je tada transport riba bio izuzetno komplikovan samo mali broj akvarista je mogao sebi da priusti primerke diskusa. Ipak neke prve informacije u vezi mresta diskusa su se pojavile 1934 godine u nagazinu "The Aquarium" koje su bile izuzetno sture i povrh svega pogresne pa je i to jedan od razloga sto su akvaristi "tapkali u mestu" sa mrestom diskusa.

Evo tog teksta u originalu:

The Aquarium - March, 1934.

Symphysodon discus Spawns

To Gustav Armbruster, of Philadelphia, goes credit for the first spawning of the Pompadour Fish (Symphysodon discus) to be brought to our attention. The eggs, unfortunately, proved infertile, but as the first step toward successful propagation of this colorful species, Mr. Armbruster's achievement seems to us to deserve mention.

Apparently the spawning habits of the discus differ but little from those of the scalare.
The colors displayed by both sexes of the discus during and prior to the mating were magnificent. The light tan background became a deep coffee brown, from which the blue and green markings on the head and body and along the base of the dorsal and anal fins shone out like opalescent fire.

Nekoliko godina kasnije isti magazin je objavio jos jedan tekst koji je i dalje davao pogresne informacije i tako je bilo sve do 1960. godine.

Originalni tekst:

The Aquarium - December, 1946
The Return of The Discus

by Henry A. Nichols

WE are at last approaching the day when rare aquarium fishes, so long absent from our collections, once more may be available to the lucky fanciers who can obtain them. To some degree they will be a little easier to obtain than they were in prewar days, for shipment by air will result in the happy landing in northern lands of many fishes which could not withstand the relatively long journies by ship and railway. Nevertheless, the advent of the swiftest commercial strato-liners will still not render commonplace the truly rare Exotics. Before they are placed on the loading platform at an airdrome in one of the hot countries, they must be collected, and that cannot be done any more quickly or cheaply now than it could twenty years ago. After he reaches the airport nearest the stream in which he intends to hunt, the collector still must combat such matters as training and paying for native help, the avoidance of rampant tropical diseases, protection against virulent insects and reptiles, and a few other matters that have no relation whatever to the miracles of modern transportation. All of which should be taken into consideration if a dealer asks a moderately high price for a selected pair of fishes.

One of the leading New York importing firms, the Paramount Aquarium, recently returned to the market one of the most outstanding of the rare exotic fishes—Sympbysodon discus, the Pompadour Fish. Paramount's President, Mr. F. Cochu, began last winter to lay his plans for returning to his old hunting-spots, in South America, from which some of our most beautiful aquarium fishes already have come, and where there undoubtedly are still more magnificent new species, still unrevealed. On Christmas Day of 1945, Mr. Cochu and his "old standby," M. Rabaut, left Florida for the Brazilian jungles in an ancient double-wing Clipper. They were sure, after a few hours, that they would never get back to New York alive, or, for that matter, even reach their intended base of operations. The plane had obviously never been designed for days over impenetrable jungles or the elevations of more than 12,000 feet that are required to cross the Andes. Finally, however, after some four days of flight, they located the Amazon about 1,000 miles upstream from the closest seaport.

First investigations revealed that virtually none of their old-time, thoroughly-trained native helpers were to be found. The Piranhas and alligators had accounted for some of them. Others had followed a gold rush or moved off to the new rubber plantations that wartime demands had developed. Still others had succumbed to one of the myriad diseases that are virtually uncontrolled in that part of the world.

However, the two fish collectors finally got themselves organized, and, as Mr. Cochu puts it, they "fished and fished and eventually managed to catch about 10,000 specimens; some of each of a number of species, but nothing rare." But it was a start, and enough were brought safely home to cover expenses, and to announce to members of our hobby that importations were beginning to arrive again. The return trip was made in February, by air to Florida, and from there the fishes were trucked to New York—at just about the worst time in the year to bring in a shipment of Tropicals. The greatest disappointment, of course, had been their failure to get in touch with their former native helpers, for it takes a long time to train wild men to hunt for non-edible fishes that are to be handled very carefully and moved long distances alive.

In March, Mr. Cochu returned once more to South America, and this time he went alone—not to fish but simply to try once more to round up sufficient of his experienced native fishermen. After travelling for a great many miles up and down a large number of jungle streams, he located a few of them, who agreed not only to come back to work for him, out to show unskilled fishermen how to hunt for aquarium Exotics for the New York market. This accomplished, Mr. Cochu returned to this country, stocked up with a good supply of collecting and shipping equipment, motors, medical and food supplies, etc., and went back to the jungle again - this time accompanied by two of his American assistants, Messrs. Kramer and Krause, who both were well acquainted with life in the great tropical jungles.

Starting off in different directions, the three men each made nice collections and finally met at a selected central point from which all were to move back toward an airport. Mr. Kramer, however, turned up with a raging fever and an injured leg, and he was forced to leave his collection behind him and fly at once to the United States for treatment. After several weeks he was quite recovered. Mr. Cochu, who has already departed on his seventh South American trip since the end of the war, tells us that he rarely makes such a journey without losing approximately twenty pounds, but that his wife's good care and nourishing food quickly return him to full strength again, after he gets home.

Speaking of Symphysodon discus, Mr. Cochu reports that when he was finally able to start hunting again for this beautiful aquarium species, he found that there were absolutely none in the waters where they had originally been trapped. There were a number of other species quite at home there, but not a sign of a Pompadour. He could not understand this strange disappearance, even though the fish had never been particularly plentiful, and he was getting extremely worried, when, one day, on a more or less aimless excursion up a small tributary to the great Amazon, he pulled in his net and found in it two fine Discus. He tells us that it was all he could do to resist jumping into the water to be sure to land those two safely into his boat. After a little more work in the same spot he caught six more, and then had to return to his camp for food. In that part of the world one can sometimes go a little while without adequate nourishment, but not for long, especially when doing any fairly heavy work. However, as soon as he had laid in a good stock of supplies. Mr. Cochu went back to his newly discovered Discus spot and caught 32 more, for a total of 40 fine specimens, all of which he was able to transport safely, and in perfect condition, to his hatchery in Ardsley, New York.

How many of these rare and beautiful fish Mr. Cochu intends to place on sale, and how many he may keep in the hope of breeding them, we cannot say. In 1934 one pair, owned by the late Gus Armbruster, a Philadelphia dealer, produced a number of large spawns, much in the manner of the Scalare. Only three of them hatched, however, and of these only a portion of one lot could be saved for more than a few days, because it was apparently impossible to supply them with just the right infusoria, except on this single occasion. We are not sure, of course, but since the grown Discus has a notably small mouth for so large a fish, it seems possible that their fry require food considerably smaller than that taken by most other baby Cichlids. At any rate, Mr. Armbruster was able to grow 35 young Discus to fair size. Many fanciers then believed that it would be only a matter of time before later generations, produced from these tank-bred specimens, would become as plentiful and cheap as the Scalare. But that never happened. The big pair stopped spawning for keeps and not a single one of the youngsters ever showed the slightest interest in breeding.

Before the war, it was more or less a tradition that "Discus eat nothing except Tubifex "Worms." The present specimens, however, readily accept Daphnia, Enchytrae, Ghost Worms and, in at least one case, infant Guppies— although the fish are so peaceful that they make no attempt to bother large Guppies and certainly could not swallow one. It may be that acceptance of a more varied diet will result in the present-day Discus being more fertile than were the pioneer stock. Moreover, Mr. Armbruster used to keep all of his fishes at a very high temperature. That is excellent for forcing growth, but it undoubtedly results in shorter life and, quite possibly, in decreased fertility as well. We shall await with interest such reports as may come in on the current crop, and perhaps this time some lucky aquarist will determine a way to bring true that great dream of all fish fanciers — "Tank-raised Discus, guaranteed mated pairs."

I treci njihov tekst nije doneo nista novo i neki akvaristi se s pravom pitaju da li je sve sto je tu napisano u stvari i istina.

Ipak ovaj tekst je zasluzan sto je diskus dobio ime "Kralj akvarijuma" i od tada se ta kovanica koristi za ove ribe.

Originalni tekst:

The Aquarium - June, 1948

SYMPHYSODON DISCUS (heckel)

Still King of the Aquarium

BY 'William T. Innes

AFTER the first several importations there followed a number of years in which no more "Discus" were brought in, largely due to the effects of World War II.

For some time now Paramount has been bringing them in, but in most ways the fish is as much a mystery as ever, but in one respect it remains the same in the eyes of many fanciers. It is still "the King of the Aquarium." To those who like their fish large and showy, this certainly fills the bill, and it is still rare enough to command attention wherever it is seen.

There is one difficulty that has been overcome to a certain extent. The first importations got off to a bad start when they reached this country. This was in the matter of their food. They were given Tubifex, and as this was evidently a luxury, they soon got so that they would not consider anything else, and owners were slaves to getting this tidbit, or else. We now know that if they are allowed to get a little hungry, they will take other foods that agree with them, Daphnia and White Worms in particular.

As was proved by Armbruster, who raised the first batch, they really can be brought to eating ordinary aquarium foods, especially if started young on the routine. He reared about 33 of them, and they ate just like any ordinary aquarium fish, but were not spoiled by getting Tubifex except as an occasional luxury.

Much study was given to finding a definite means of telling sex. Several times the question was thought to be solved in various ways, but the best recent opinion is that the majority of all specimens are females. The males are much more covered by the blue pattern, while the females, in addition to having less blue, also develop a golden-yellow background as breeding time approaches. This is sometimes very pronounced. The male in breeding color equals in brilliance any of the tropical marine fishes. The blue irregular stripes extend nearly all over the body and into the dorsal and anal fins in such a way that it is impossible to tell where the body ends and the fins begin. Much of the space between the jagged stripes becomes a glowing, deep cherry color.

Our plate gives a fair idea of the difference in color at breeding time. What has already been said will probably enable the reader to select the sexes of a pair.

The species, being Cichlids, spawns in the usual Cichlid manner, with few exceptions. After various flirtatious movements in a clumsy-coy manner, accompanied by appropriate oglings of eyes, the pair lock lips, front to front, taking a firm hold, which they maintain for short periods. Between kissings they back off and seem to threaten each other. Then one dashes forward, apparently bent on a battering-ram attack. At the last instant a collision is avoided by a slight change in direction, and a side movement by the still fish. In each instance observed the pass was made to the right. They evidently observe American traffic rules!

A short egg-laying tube, or ovipositor, appears from the vent of the female a day or two before spawning. With this she places the eggs, a few at a time, in close, neat rows. They are of an amber color, and slightly elongated. The male follows immediately after his mate and fertilizes the eggs with spermatic fluid ejected from a tube similar to that of the female. In both sexes the tubes disappear within a week after spawning is finished.

Various objects have been tried as a base on which the fish might deposit their adhesive eggs. As a bar of slate was successfully used in one of the early instances, this material has since been utilized. The size of the bar is about 1/2 inch thick, 2 inches wide and 16 inches long. This is stood at a sloping angle against the glass in the tank.

Although the parents exhibit the keenest of interest in the eggs, taking turns fanning them with their pectoral fins, the sad fact is that after 2 days or so they eat either eggs or the newly hatched young. Repeated experiments have proven that parents and eggs should be separated after a day. A needed mild circulation about the eggs and young is produced by a nearby outlet of air liberated in the water.
Various hatching temperatures have been tried. The first successful one by Armbruster was at about 85 degrees. Recently we were again thrilled by a successful second breeding. This was by the Paramount Company, of New York, and we understand that they also used a high temperature. This was 13 years after the Armbruster hatching, but a larger number of the young were safely brought through — 56, to be exact.

The mouths of the newly-hatched young are extremely small, and the great difficulty seems to be to find infusoria that are the right size and which will live at a high temperature. Armbruster evidently struck on the right combination purely by luck, for he was never able to repeat, even though there were numerous spawnings from the same pair, which hatched after being removed from the parents.

We recently made inquiry at the Paramount Company as to the first food used. Their reply is that they used 5 different kinds of infusoria, hoping that one of them would answer the purpose. They do not know which one proved successful, but we may depend upon it, it was one of the smaller kinds, and yet it had to be sufficiently meaty to prove nourishing.

Here again history repeats itself, for there was no subsequent successful spawning, and in the meantime the pair of breeders died from abscesses in the head, produced by a parasitic worm to which this species is subject. This is being studied by Dr. Nigrelli with the view to discovering a remedy, and we can only hope that he will come up with the answer, as he usually does.

The illustrations used herewith were taken from the Armbruster breeding, but they are still applicable. A quick glance at them shows that growth is rapid. Color changes have been few. When at the smallest size shown, the dorsal fin was a dull red, nearly all over. The 8 bars gradually darkened, especially the one through the eye. Flashes of characteristic metallic blue developed later in the dorsal and anal fins. In the last picture it can be noted that the ventral is more pointed than previously.

It should be noted that the Arm-bruster breeding occurred in a 60-gallon tank containing slightly acid water, and the eggs were then placed in a small aquarium in a depth of water not over 3 inches. This was continuously aerated so as to produce about the same water current over the eggs as the parents would have made in fanning them.

The most beautiful pair we ever saw was owned by Mr. Franklin Barrett, and at that time the male was fanning eggs on the broad edge of a slab of slate. He disregarded our advice to separate the eggs and the parents, with the result that within another day every egg was eaten.

Ordinarily this fish does not fight, exxept occasionally with its own kind. When the eggs have been removed by their owner, each seems to blame the other for the loss, and there is liable to be expensive trouble. For the sake of safety, following the removal of eggs, the pair should be separated for at least a week, by the use of a glass partition.

There seems to be no general rule as to whether the male or the female does the attacking. With the successful breeder pair they took turns at it, each becoming the aggressor on alternate days. As flower pots and vigorous plant growths furnished good refuge for the pursued, the owner for a few days allowed Nature to take its course, but finally became alarmed and divided them by a partition. After a short enforced separation, all was peace again and no trouble was experienced when they were placed together. On the other hand, Mr. Barrett had one female kill 3 males. As the males are the more valuable, she has been an expensive fish to him. Symphysodons never attack other species, and seldom its own.

It is rather tantalizing to know that the fish has been bred successfully, and yet we are not able to unlock the secret that would unable us to do it consistently. Incidentally, the fellow who succeeds, if he is a professional or semi-professional,, will have a private gold mine.

Pogresne smernice koje su date u gornjim tekstovima dovele su do toga da akvaristi imaju problema u gajenju a isto tako i u uspesnom mrestu diskusa. Kao neka glavna smernica u svim pokusajima mrescenja je korisceno iskustvo iz mrescenja skalara gde je bio postignut dobar uspeh. Najveci problem u celoj ovoj prici je bio taj sto se tvrdilo da diskusi pojedu ikru ili mlade nakon sto su se izlegli pa se iz tog razloga ikra premescala nakon jednog dana u neki drugi akvarijum. Danas takvi problemi vise ne postoje i diskusi se mreste i velikom broju i to vrlo uspesno. Trziste je preplavljeno ponudom diskusa raznih boja i cena im je manje vise vrlo prihvatljiva.

Jedna stvar koji akvaristi treba da znaju je ta da diskus u svojoj ranijoj fazi nije tako obojen, posebno diskusi koji su oko 5 - 6 cm a i manji. To su uvideli akvaristi koji mreste diskusi i koji su donekle razocarani bojim podmladka u poredjenju sa roditeljima a narocito kada posmatraju novopristigle obojene dikuse po prodavnicama. To nije nista neobicno a pravi razlog obojenosti mladih diskusa je u stvari vestacki odnosno hemijski tretmant diskusa. To je poznata stvar na danasnjem marketu diskusa a na nama je da odlucimo da li zelimo takvu ribu ili ne. Jedna stvar treba da nam je jasna a to je da prirodne boje diskusa nisu nikada tako izrazene kao kod hormonski tretiranih diskusa i ako zelimo da vidimo kakva im je prava boja onda treba da sacekamo da porastu i naravno da im se ne daju hormoni putem oshrane.

Uobicajeni hormon koji se koristi kod diskusa je methyl testosterone. On se dodaje u hranu i on je odgovoran za te brilijantne boje diskusa. Kada mi kupimo jednog takvog diskusa a samim tim i prekinemo dodavanje hormona u ishrani ti diskusi vremenom pocnu da gube boju i vracaju se na neko prirodnije stanje. Razvijeniji oblici ovog ili slicnog hormona mogu da odrze intezivnu boju diskusa i do nekoliko meseci nakon prestanka dodavanja u hranu. Veliki problem u ovakvom odrzavanju boje, pogotovo ako se hormoni dodaju u duzem periodu sve do izrastanja diskusa moze da bude sterilnost riba jer dolazi do ostecenja reproduktivnog sistema. Ova cinjenica trebala bi da bude interesantna za akvariste koji zele da mreste diskuse.

Bobane posto si pomenuo da su to slike divljih uhvacenih Diskusa, zanima me, posto sam cuo da su divlji Diskusi puno zahtjevniji od uzgohjenih vrsta, dali si ih ti drazao i ako jesi kakva su tvoja iskustva, dali ih je teze drzati nego uzgojene?

To su slike diskusa o kojima se ja brinem a oni su ulovljeni u Amazonu kako sam i naveo. Tefe diskusi su ulovljeni u reci Tefe odakle i nose taj naziv a ovi drugi su iz Rio Negra. To su dve vrste Symphysodon-a koji imaju razlicite potrebe.

U sustini mogu da kazem da je u pocetku puno teze da se drze ove ribe a i tu postoji razlika u zavisnosti da li je u pitanju Symphysodon aequifasciatus ili Symphysodon discus jer kao sto sam rekao oni imaju razlicite uvete u prirodi.

I kod jednih i kod drugih je vrlo izrazena plasljivost sto dosta otezava stvari. To je posebno izrazeno kod S. discus-a sto je i razumljivo, barem mislim da jeste, jer su oni dosli iz tamne ili crne vode koja im zasigurno izgleda mnogo bezbednije od bistre vode u kojoj ih ja drzim. Mozda sam mogao da dodajem preparat za bojenje vode koji se koristi za ove diskuse ali sam to ostavio po strani jer ce oni na kraju krajeva da zavrse u nekom bistrom akvarijumu. Divlji S. aequifasciatus iz Tefe su sve to podneli mnogo mirnije i posle oko mesec dana od lovljenja lepo su se privikli na moje prisustvo.

Hranjenje je jedan dodatni problem koji nekako treba da se pregrmi. Svi S. aequifasciatus iz uzgoja su naviknuti na sve i svasta od malena i tu sve ide nekako lako za razliku od ovih S. aequifasciatus-a i S. discus-a. Smrznuta hrana, suva hrana i tome slicno ih bas puno ne zanima. Dosuse moram da kazem da su se nekako brzo navikli na smrznuti bloodworms sto je dobra polazna osnova za dalje. Forsirao sam dafniju koju imam u izobilju i svi oni su bili vrlo raspolozeni da je jedu. Pored nje sam dodavao a i dodajem larve komaraca. Discus-i se nesto bas nisu puno obazirali na to sto je i normalno jer oni nisu tako nesto ni videli za razliku od aequifasciatus-a koji su odmah jeli larve. Vremenom su svi jeli larve komaraca a zatim i smrznutu komercijalnu hranu za diskuse. Povremeno im dajem i cisto govedje srce ali za tim nema potrebe jer je to sastavni deo te komercijalne hrane.

Sto se tice zdravstvenih problema toga nije bilo osim sa jednim Tefe koji je bio nesretno ostecen sa mrezom pa je doslo do gljivicne invekcije.
Eto ovo bi bilo ovako ukratko o tome. Te divljake imam s vremena na vreme i otprilike uvek je ista prica. Definitivno mogu da kazem da su mnogo tezi za drzanje u pocetnoj fazi dok kasnije se sve svodi na isto.

Malo da osvezim ovu temu o diskusima jer je tu doslo do ocigledne promene u sistematici pa samim tim je i vredno paznje da se sve to pomene. Da sada ne ulazim u detaljnu pricu o svemu tome nego onako ukratko da napisem sta se izdesavalo u jednom kratkom vremenskom roku od jedno godinu dana pa i manje.

Svima nama je poznato da je Heiko Bleher u svojoj knjizi Bleher's Discus - The Monography by Heiko Bleher prepoznao tri vrste diskusa i da je cela ta knjiga u tom kontekstu. S obzirom da je to samo jedna monografija a ne prava naucna knjiga to sve nema neku naucnu tezinu pa se sve to i ne uzima zdravo za gotovo. U medjuvremenu izasla naucna publikacija Ready JS, Ferreira EJG and SO Kullander (2006) - Discus fishes: mitochondrial evidence for a phylogeographic barrier in the Amazonian genus Symphysodon (Teleostei: Cichlidae). Journal of Fish Biology (2006) 69 (Supplement B), 200-211 koja je potvrdila Bleher-ovu tvrdnju o postojanju tri vrste diskusa ali je ujedno drugacije naznacila vrste i sto je jos vaznije uvedena je nova vrsta Symphysodon tarzoo.

Ipak pocetkom augusta ove godine je izasao naucni rad Heiko Bleher, Kai N. Stölting, Walter Salzburger, and Axel Meyer: Revision of the Genus Symphysodon Heckel, 1840 (Teleostei: Perciformes: Cichlidae) based on molecular and morphological characters, pp. 133-174 koji potvrdjuje postojanje tri vrste diksusa ali drugacije su nazvane vrste i totalno pobija upotrebu imena Symphysodon tarzoo. Ovo pobijanje je opravdano jer je Green discus jos od davnina povezan sa imenom S. aequifasciatus i to je usvojeno a Bleher i Gery su uspostavili lectotype 2004. godine i tako osigurali nepromenjivost tog imena.

Kako sada stvari stoje mi imamo S. discus, S. aequifasciatus i S. haraldi.

S. discus je i dalje onaj nama dobro poznati Heckel Discus, diskus sa jednom sirokom linijom po sredini tela.

S. aequifasciatus je diskus koji se slabije vidja u akvaristici i to je diskus sa gornjih slika u ovoj temi, takozvani Green discus. Ovaj Green discus nema nikakve veze sa Green Discus-om koji mi kupujemo po radnjama i koji je nastao zahvaljujuci nama ljudima.

S. haraldi, plavi diskus, je diskus koji moze da bude u raznim bojama i sarama i moze da ima izmedju 8 i 16 pruga a to je uglavnom ono sto mi posedujemo u akvaristici i sto smo do sada zvali S. aequifasciatus. I nama poznati braon diskus spada u ovu vrstu.

Eto to bi bilo ukratko u vezi sistematike diskusa i sada nam ostaje da pricekaom i vidimo kako ce sve to da se odvija.

Ljudi ima li kakvo resenje za akvarijum u kojem se nakoti bruka infusorije? imam 60L akvarijum pre tri dana ga cistio generalno zbog tog problema, evo posle tri dana kao i da nisam i dalje ima te proklete infusorije, podavi mi ribe, bukvalno se suse... HELP

Jako dobri tekstovi Bobane.
Valjalo bi nastaviti diskusiju o diskusima, uslovima drzanja, razmnozavanju, hranjenju..
Svakako bi se culo dosta strucnih komentara, sto od tebe, sto od iskusnijih diskusara kojih ima i u nasem regionu svakako.

Jako dobri tekstovi Bobane.
Valjalo bi nastaviti diskusiju o diskusima, uslovima drzanja, razmnozavanju, hranjenju..
Svakako bi se culo dosta strucnih komentara, sto od tebe, sto od iskusnijih diskusara kojih ima i u nasem regionu svakako.
Na žalost stoji to što je Boban napisao da ljudi sve manje pišu na ovakvim forumima. Da li smo napisali gotovo sve što se može reći o akvaristici, sumnjam, jer stalno se pojavljuju nove vrste riba, preparata pa bi se tu moglo još što šta reći.
Što se Discusa tiče sve se svelo uglavnom na neredovan uvoz, često problematičnog stanja. Ovakav uvoz je posledica naše loše ekonomske situacije, jer je jako ograničeno tržište pa kvalitetni, skupi Discusi mesecima čame kod uvoznika. Oni uporni akvaristi mogu da se dogovore i udruže pa kod uvoznika naruče odredjene ribe ali takvih je jako malo.
Kod odgajivača je slična situacija i gotovo niko više ne gaji Discuse za prodaju, jer je proizvodnja kvalitetnig riba dosta skupa, a opet tržište ograničeno.
Nego Ogi napiši ti kako gajiš Discuse i kakva je situacija u Podgorici što se tiče akvaristike?
I neka slika bi dobro došla.

Reactions: Maroko