Kiwi

kiwi

15 Maj 2005
New Zealand
Hi guys. Greetings from New Zealand (Aotearoa) I thought I had better introduce myself so here goes.

Hmmmm. Where do I start. I am new to fish keeping. I first got interested in tropical fish after I started work at the same place as Boban. Gee, we are surrounded by all different species of fish at work so it is hard not to get hooked.

I have a 3 foot tropical tank which is stocked with:

20 something neons
1 Clown Loach
1 Dwarf Loach
1 Bristlenose Pleco

I like your forum Boban, but the only problem is I can't understand a word that is written.
:(

Hi Kiwi

It's nice to have you here. True, this site is all written in serbian but aquarists do have one thing that is beyond words and it is "love for nature". I'm glad to see someone so far away from us share the same interests as we here. Be free to ask any question here, I'm sure there is many off us that speak English and can answer you. At least, bad english. :D
There is a chat room here on forum, visit us there and we can type eye to eye. :D

Greetings

I had already introduced you or better to say your garden pond :)

Trade is here:

http://www.beke.co.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=478

You didn't say that you are also a big duck lover :)

So if you can't understand a word that is written on this forum feel free to take a course of Serbian language, it is easy as one two three :) Someone can help you out I think :)

Anyway visit us any time you feel like it :)

Thank you Eddie, Fauna and Boban for the warm welcome.

I appreciate you all for writing your reply in English so that I can read them. All of you have very good English.

You are right Bob, I might have to learn Serbian. How about being my Serbian teacher? I am your English teacher sometimes. :)
I have noticed that some Serbian words are spelt very similar to English so there are a few words that I can recognise when I look at the forum.

I am not a duck lover anymore. Two wild ducks over the last week have managed to eat NZ$100 worth of goldfish in my pond. :evil:

Hope to catch up with you all on the chat one day :wink:

Welcome Kiwi

My name is Pokemon and I am a little boy. I have one small tank with gold fish. Your pound is probably very beautiful and interesting. Sorry my english is bad!

Greeding for you kiwi.

(joj Bobane i meni treba teacher iz engleskog)

Ola Kiwi :D
Yours avatar is great. Welcome to this nice forum.

Hope that you visiting us often and share more of yours experiences with nice ducks :twisted: and yours goldfish in pond.
If you have some pictures of yours goldfish (on top of them), I liked to see them-most of goldfishes have magnificently spots and patterns on top of them.

Hello Kiwi!
It's nice to have you here!
Please, don't let yourself be discouradged with our language.As you can see, we are all willing to "speak" with you in English (hahah, finaly we have a good reason to make us practise a little), and on the other side, Boban is there to help you out with that simple course of Serbian ;-) After that, you will speak half of all Balkan languages ;-)
Still, I can imagine how strange it seem to you when you look at theese columns, all named in Serbian.For that reason, I have a suggestion for Boban.Maybe he could open a new column, specialy for people who speak English only. I saw it on one Serbian website and it seems like a good idea.That way people who don't speak Serbian could join us on this website too. What do you think about this Boban?

And Kiwi, i have a suggestion for you too :) Can you upload some photo of your neon tank, so let us others seehow it looks like? And also, I would like to see those patterns Jasenka was speaking about :)
Heh, sounds interesting when someone is interested in ducks.I can't precisely understand what exactly passionate you for them? I have my own too, its for siamese and oriental cats.
Whats the mother language in New Zealand?

Ok, enough questions :D
I hope you will have enjoyable time here with us!

Pokemon. Thank you for the welcome. Your English is very good. :)

Jasenka, Starchaser. Thank you for your welcome also. :)

At the moment I would have trouble taking a photo of my goldfish as I can not get close enough to them to photograph them. The majority of my goldfish are new to the pond and they are still very shy. And with the wild ducks landing in the pond and eating what goldfish they can catch it has not helped. But once the goldfish are tame and come close when I feed them I will take some photos to put on the fourm.

Boban is having a bit of fun when he says that I am interested in ducks. :wink: The only interest I have in ducks is to try and stop them from eating my goldfish. :evil:

I do not know how to put a photo of my neon tank on the fourm. I will ask Boban to show me.

We have two official languages in New Zealand. English and Maori. The Maori people are the native people of New Zealand. English is the first language and it is compulsory to learn at school. Maori is not compulsory to learn. Many towns and cities in New Zealand have Maori names, so everyone who lives in New Zealand can speak some Maori.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about New Zealand, I would be pleased to answer them. Also thank you for writing your reply in English, I can imagine it must be very difficult for some of you. :wink:

Well kiwi, if you are ready to spend a hundred dollars on duck food, you are obviously a duck lover, don't you think?

It is not fun, it is true, what ever you say about it :) Last week or so you have spent more money on quality duck food than most people spend on fish food for a long period of time.

I have never met anyone that use pearlscale goldfish as duck food :)

hehe, Kiwi is a duck lover :lol:
Yours goldfishes, how big are they? Are they a standard goldfishes or some special?

Also, I am curios waiting pictures from yours neon tank 8) .

Yes, for me it is difficult to spell correct englis, but I don t care for that, because I know that you are understand me :lol: , although my context-dependent grammar is bed :oops:

One welcome in addition to the duck lover. It seems Boban likes your improvements on duck feeding plan.

With all of you apologize for the way you speak English, Kiwi just might start to learn and speak some of Balkan languages. Still it is better for all of us to practice our English.

Hello Jasenka, Rogus and Boban.

My goldfish are on the average 15cm long. I have twelve Shubunkin goldfish which are coloured orange, black and white. The other 10 goldfish are the standard gold coloured and bronze coloured goldfish. I used to have 4 special Pearlscale goldfish which I was hoping to use for breeding but they ended up as very 'expensive duck food'. Boban's words, not mine. Hehe :wink:

I hope to upload a photo of my neon tank on Sunday Jasenka. It all depends if Boban will show me how to do it. I'll have to be nice to him so he will show me. :wink:

I really like marine tanks, but I know that they are very expensive to set-up. The colourful fish, the coral and anemones in a marine tank reminds me of the beautiful marine life I saw when I went snorkelling in Hawaii.

Boban gave me my first Serbian lesson yesterday. So I gave him an English lesson yesterday and his first Maori lesson tonight. The Serbian language looks very confusing :?

I am looking forward for your neon tank photos. Just, don't let Boban blackmail you or somethinig similar, it's really easy to upload a photo here. :wink:
I wonder how Maori language sounds like, and how Maori people look like. Do they have any specifics? And what about they religion?
As for your Serbian lessons, you will see, we have the most simple way of reading and pronouncing words. Those are not my words, actually, some Australians told that, after I showed them how to read Serbian words.
Greetings from manu miles away!

If you are interested in learning about the Maori people, what their language sounds like, what the Maori people look like and their customs and traditions click on the following website: http://www.newzealand.com/travel/

Once the page loads, on the right hand side of the page click on ' New Zealand's Tangata Whenua'. Then click on 'Experience the Powhiri' and/or 'Haka-A New Zealand Icon'.

Turn on the sound and enjoy the New Zealand experience :)

Thank you Kiwi! There are a lot of interesting things to see at that website.
I must inform you that I became a duck lover, but in a little diferent way than you are ;-). I recieved a little, only hatched duck as a gift. I named it "baby", and it is very lonely. At this moment, it thinks I am it's mom :)

I know what it is like to have friendly ducklings that think that you are their mum.

Over the years my two daughters have raised many ducklings. Our Labrador dog finds duck nests and brings the eggs home, unbroken, one at a time. Rachael and Katrina (my daughters) incubate the eggs until they hatch. When the ducklings get older they follow you everwhere like a pet dog. The ducks got to be a nuisance over a period of time as they were very messy so we caught them and put them into a cardboard box and took them to a local park in town which has many large lakes. But guess what, within a week the ducks had found their way back home to our place. So once again we caught them, put them into a box and this time we took them to another very large lake 10-12 kilometres out of town. Thank goodness we never saw those ducks again. :)