kiwi

15 Maj 2005
New Zealand
Here is a photo of my Neon aquarium which has:

20+ Neons
2 Bristlenose plecos
1 Clown Loach
1 Dwarf Loach

Last weekend I accidently sucked my Bristlenose up the vacuum tube and he never looked well after that. A few days later he died. Today I purchased a new Bristlenose, not one but two, a male and a female. Hopefully they will breed. :)

Attachments

• neons.jpg
    neons.jpg
    64.9 KB · Pregleda: 158
D'oh

homer.gif

Relax. If something goes wrong in your fishtank, blame the guy who can't speak English :)

Plants in my tank are:

Glossistigma elatinoides
Java Moss - Vesicularia dubyana
Cherry Leaf - Hygrophila corymbosa
Java Fern - Microsorium pteropus
Ambulia - Limnophila sessiliflora
Hairgrass - Eleocharis aciculasis
Green Water Rose - Samolus parviflorus
Cryptocoryne becketii
Cryptocoryne undulata
Stargrass - Heteranthera zosterifolia
Anubias barteri var. nana
Blue Hygrophila - Hygrophila lacustris
Umbrella Grass - Eichhornia diversifolia

Relax. If something goes wrong in your fishtank, blame the guy who can't speak English :)

Hehehhehe............. I sure will :D

kiwi said:
Oh well, I would speak Serbian.........if I knew how too.
Well, you can learn, but I would learn something useful instead, if I was you... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Very nice aquarium, and also very nice collection of plants. I have one sugestion: Hide the heater behind the plants, or get a smaller one.

Very nice aquarium, and also very nice collection of plants. I have one sugestion: Hide the heater behind the plants, or get a smaller one.[/quote]

Thanks for the suggestion to hide the heater. :) Last weekend I moved some of the larger plants around so the heater can't be seen. The aquarium looks a lot better now.

Chubby, I have no idea how much the Dwarf Loach is in $US. I haven't been to a pet shop for quite awhile to see how much they cost.

Nice aquarium Kiwi, whats the size of it?
Have I understood corectly, that you have Glossotigma in your aquarium? Very desireable aquarium plant here in Serbia :)

StarChaser, the size of the tank is 3ft. I did have Glossostigma elatinoides growing but it never grew well and it eventually died. :(
I have not bothered to replace it. The Cryptocoryne becketii and Cryptocoryne undulata are really growing well and are multiplying like crazy. They seem to be the only plants that grow well in my tank.

mmmm...videspreaded problem with glosso..i acctually never heard about anyone here in serbia who succeded in growing glosso more than couple of months. I thought, maybe it was because of transport consequences. Too bad, for unrevealed mistery od beautiful plant's death.
As for Criptocorina plant, it has very strong root, which sometimes doesn't allow other plants to grow. Maybe thats happening in your tank in this very moment.
How long do you have that tank?

I've had the tank for about 8 months. A couple of months ago my Bristlenose plecos breed and I counted a total of approximately 25 baby bristlenoses but over a period of time the number has dramatically decreased :( I have even lost a few neons over the 8 months. I guess it is people like me who keep the the local pet shops in business :lol:

Well, at least, you could say you are very noble for keeping their bussines alive, those people who keep petShops, they have to feed their children too, I guess :-D

Hey, Kiwi, everybody losts a fish sometimes... Once I had beautiful Microgeophagus ramirezi (Butterfly cichlids) in my tank, and indeed, I was so proud of them, they were absolutely beautiful! But then one day I had some guests with very little children at my home and the next day, i noticed little pieces of bred in my tank. The children came to an idea to feed the fishes a little... :x
Terrible consequances, in couple of weeks, my butterfly cichlids, they all have died, one by one ...